Happy Tuesday! Can you believe it's August 1st already? These past few months have flown by and I still have so many things to check off my summer bucket list! I thought that maybe if I shared with you a few of the things I'm hoping to accomplish, I'd actually make the time for them.
Back in January, Jake and I decided that 2017 was going to be the year of relaxing! We wanted to spend more time together, do more things we enjoyed and make an effort to slow down. So far things are going well, although not always according to the plan! All of 2016 was a little crazy (you can read more about that here) so we have made a major effort to slow things down this year.
This summer I really want to soak up the sun with friends and family! We've worked so hard over the past few years that time seems to be slipping by and the list of things we'd like to do keeps getting longer.
Here are the top 5 summer bucket list items that we want to check off... if we're lucky we'll check them off a few times!
1. Finish our epic patio :: We have a large yard with huge old trees and the perfect mix of sun and shade. But when we bought our house, the patio doors led out to a two foot drop onto the grass. This spring we came up with an awesome design for our inexpensive back patio that will allow us to host our friends and relax with a glass of wine in the evening sun. We've got a good start on it, then other things started to take priority... now just to finish it up and decorate!!
2. Spend time outside :: Camping, at the beach, walking around the neighbourhood, hiking, I don't care. I just want to be outside getting some fresh air and vitamin D. If there is a glass of wine in my hand too, then so be it. This also means spending less time inside (at home or at the shop)
3. Eat fresh food :: We live in a gorgeous part of the world where we have easy access to fresh food right from the farm where it grows. Our backyard garden is flourishing... ok so the spinach didn't do so well and 5 of our 6 cucumber plants already died, but we have a plethora of lettuce and our tomato plants are looking promising! We are also surrounded by u-pick farms and farm markets to pick up what we can't grow on our own.
4. Document with photos and video :: Knowing that 2016 was going to be a crazy year, J and I committed to taking a photo EVERY DAY in 2016, to help us remember all of the little details. It was amazing and I am still shocked we stuck to it. But As of January 1st, 2017, we've been super slack on the photo taking. This year we're making an effort to enjoy the beautiful weather with friends and family and we need to document these good times!
5. Get organized :: With the craziness of 2016 behind us and a major hiccup to kick off 2017, I'm feeling a little out of control. It's time to organize the house and decorate (yay!) to help us better relax when we do have some down time at home. I also need to find some time to organize my work life so that I can spend less time at the shop and be more productive when I am there.
LET'S KEEP IN TOUCH
We have a mailing list that we occasionally use. If you'd like to be on it, submit your email address below - we promise not to flood your inbox or send you weird stuff.